Sadowski’s Apiaries Buckwheat honey is obtained by bees from buckwheat flowers. It is a grainy honey with a brown color*, a baking, sweet taste and a strong herbal aroma. It is one of the healthiest honeys showing high antibioticity.
Buckwheat honey is characterized by an intense taste and smell of buckwheat, which is why it has its staunch supporters, but also its opponents. One either loves it or hates it.
Properties of buckwheat honey from Orchard Apiaries:
- Buckwheat honey has a detoxifying and cleansing effect on the liver
- cleanses and strengthens blood vessels preventing atherosclerosis
- Used in the treatment of anemia resulting from iron deficiency
- rutin, found in honey, improves the absorption of vitamin C and accelerates wound healing
- Buckwheat honey strengthens heart muscle
- Buckwheat honey contains large amounts of magnesium
- regularly stimulates the immune system
- shows high antibioticity
Buckwheat honey crystallizes slowly, usually giving a stratification into a lower, coarse-crystalline layer and an upper, liquid layer. This does not affect the quality and properties of the honey.
*Buckwheat honey can range in color from light brown to dark brown, depending on other benefits found in the vicinity of a particular apiary. The flavor of buckwheat honey can also vary in intensity, depending on the amount of buckwheat in a particular apiary area.