The scent of tulsi is unique – it combines the freshness of green leaves and the sweetness and spiciness of Indian spices. It is an intense, balsamic fragrance, at once crisp like mint and warm like clove. The word “tusli” means “unparalleled,” and indeed this oil is unrivaled in aromatherapy. It has a beneficial effect on health, well-being and skin condition.
Properties of tulsi oil
- stimulates action
- cheer you up
- has a beneficial effect on the ability to concentrate the mind
- Helps restore inner peace and serenity
- cleans, refreshes and disinfects the air
- Has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal effects
- soothes acne lesions and skin inflammation
- eliminates dandruff (use as an additive to shampoo and mask)
- has a beneficial effect on the nervous, respiratory and digestive systems (tulsi aroma stimulates appetite and secretion of digestive juices)
- acts as a mosquito repellent
Applications of tulsi oil
- anxiety and stress
- concentration problems
- physical and mental exhaustion
- cold and weakened immunity
Tulsi oil should not be used if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. The oil is also not recommended for people with asthma and epilepsy. The use of oil for children requires consultation with a specialist.
Do not use for infants and children under 12 years of age. Do not use in undiluted form directly on the skin. The product is intended for external use only. Avoid contact with eyes. Keep out of reach of children.